This page details the terms and conditions of sale and operations of services sold by Mayhem Adventures (hereinafter also referred to as “the company”, “our”, “we” or “us”), of La Paz, Bolivia. The term ‘client’ refers to the individual or organization making the booking. By completing a booking you are accepting these terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please contact us.
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
When you complete a booking on our website you agree to accept all these conditions and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations as defined to you in all information provided by us.
- To secure your booking a non-refundable 100% payment of the total amount is required before the start of the tour, either by credit card, cash or PayPal. Payment must be made in Bolivianos (BOB) or United States dollars (USD).
- We reserve the right to cancel your reservation if payment is not paid on time.
- The booking is not accepted and no contract exists until the date shown on the confirmation email issued by us.
- If the individual client making the booking is doing so for a group of two or more people he will automatically be allocated the status of ‘group leader’ and will be the primary contact and responsible person for all passengers and all information and matters concerning the reservation.
- The client is responsible for providing correct contact information including email and mobile phone number. Any failure in services resulting from us having incorrect contact information will be deemed to be the fault of the client and no compensation will be available.
- AGE: to make a booking you must be 18 years or over. Those under 18 years of age are not permitted to participate, but may travel with a pre booked parent or elected guardian. The conduct and behavior of any passenger under the age of 18 is the responsibility of accompanying adults.
- Bookings will be confirmed by email once deposit payment has been received.
- Should this confirmation not be received, the client must contact us to raise the matter. This could be for various reasons including incorrect spelling of email addresses during the booking process or other factors (also check spam folder).
- Bookings requiring collection / drop-off at hotels, hostels, airports, train stations, bus terminals, etc: it is the responsibility of the client to provide the correct pick-up and drop-off information (e.g. train / coach / flight arrival location, times and number, including the correct local flight times).
- Any loss of service or extra charges incurred by the client as a result of any incorrect information being supplied to us will not be the responsibility of or compensated by the company.
AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENT
- If you cancel your booking more than 10 days before the first day of your trip, you will receive a full refund of monies paid, minus a 10% non-refundable fee.
- If you cancel your booking less than 10 days before the first day of your trip you will receive no refund on monies paid.
- Bookings requiring collection / drop-off at airports, hotels, hostels, train stations, bus terminals, etc: in the case of delays e.g. to flights, trains etc clients are asked to do their best to keep us informed of such delays by contacting +591 71968207. In such instances your booking is non refundable and non transferable, however, where possible we will always do our best to accommodate clients at the new time. In such instances it may be necessary to pay a surcharge for additional waiting time.
- For long delays, cancelled or diverted flights (likewise other forms of transport) clients will be required to rebook; confirmations can be used as proof of purchase if clients wish to seek reimbursement through their travel provider or insurer.
AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS BY US
- We will always try our best to avoid delays, cancelling or amending a trip, however, we reserve the right to change the itinerary advertised for any booking, at any time and for any reason, such as adverse weather conditions, social conflict and other seasonal activities, e.g. snow, or, if the minimum number needed to operate a trip has not been met. In the latter case we will advise you no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Please contact us before you book your travel to confirm that the trip has enough participants to run the trip.
- Where circumstances beyond our control force us to amend a trip no deposits or payments will be refunded.
- In the event of circumstances that force us to cancel a trip you will be offered an alternative trip, or if this is unacceptable, receive a full refund of any deposit or prepayment you have made.
- We are not liable for any additional expenses you incur through cancellation, amendments or unforeseen delays including, but not limited to, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess, or non-refundable flights, train or bus tickets. In circumstances where cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable expenses and non-refundable deposit paid.
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept certain activities such as mountain biking can be hazardous and may involve elements of risk or discomfort, and that you take personal responsibility for your own actions.
- We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation.
- You must at all times participate within your own ability and always wear provided safety equipment.
- You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen activity and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the activity.
- You must notify us of any specific medication and dietary requirements at time of booking.
- If you have to drop out of a trip you will be responsible for any travel arrangements or additional costs incurred.
- For clients using our services to participate in any of our bike rides – it is the client’s responsibility to ensure the suitability of a route for their fitness, abilities and equipment.
- Helmets must be worn.
- All customers are allocated space to carry a small-medium-sized item of luggage (standard size bag or suitcase).
- Should a for client present themselves pickup with more than this allocation, without prior notification, then we reserve the right to charge an excess luggage fee to cover any additional costs or to refuse carriage of the extra luggage.
- Our vehicle is for the explicit purpose of helping the group get through the day and will not pick up people other than customers. The vehicle follows the group the whole way during the rides.
- The consumption of alcohol is not permitted in any vehicle we operate.
- We reserve the right to refuse transport services to any passenger who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who is behaving in an abusive or threatening manner towards our staff or other passengers. This right is delegated to all members of our staff including drivers and representatives.
- Smoking is not permitted in our vehicles.
- Any passenger who ruins a vehicle operated by our company shall be responsible for an immediate charge of USD 100 to cover fixing costs.
- Any damage caused to a vehicle, either internal or external, must be paid for, in full, by the client at the time of the incident. In cases where this charge cannot be paid or payment is refused all future reservations will be cancelled and no refund given to the clients. We reserve the right to terminate transport services immediately should this situation arise. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then we will be forced to take legal action against the customer(s) in question.
- Although we will make every effort to ensure the safe carriage of your property, the property of the client is carried at their own risk and no responsibility for any loss or damage can be accepted by our company.
- Please ensure that your luggage is adequately insured.
- We will take all reasonable care when transporting your luggage and assure that it is kept safe when in our vehicles; however we are not responsible financially for any damage caused by a third party during our trip.
- All luggage should be clearly labelled with the owner’s name.
- Clients are required to take out adequate insurance to cover themselves and their luggage for travel, and for all sports and activities they intend to take part in as well as for extra costs and charges incurred from delays, cancellations, rescheduling, repatriation or any other factors outside our control.
- I have voluntarily applied to participate in the tour on which I am booked.
- I am voluntarily participating in this tour with the knowledge of the numerous risks and dangers involved, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of the company.
- As lawful consideration of, and as part of the payment for, the right to participate in the tour, and as part of the payment for the services arranged for me by the company I agree to be responsible for my own welfare and assume all of the above risks, including those known and unknown to me.
- As lawful consideration of, and as part of the payment for, the right to participate in the tour, and as part of the payment for the services arranged for me by the company, I expressly release, discharge and hold harmless forever Mayhem Adventures, their owners, employees, affiliated entities, employees, agents, representatives, officers, associates, volunteers, successors and assigns from and against any liability, actions, causes of actions, debts, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature whatsoever which I now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with my tour or participation in the activities arranged for me by the company.
- I agree that the terms of this agreement shall serve as a complete release and express assumption of risk for myself, all members of my family and all minors traveling with me, my and their heirs, successors, assigns, and legal representatives. It is my intention to fully assume all risks associated with this tour and to release the company from any and all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- I further agree to “indemnify” the company against any claim by any person, including minors, arising in whole or in part from an injury or other loss suffered or caused by me in connection with the expedition or my participation in the trip.
- I have carefully read and understand the provisions and legal consequences of this agreement, and I hereby agree to all of its conditions. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- I acknowledge that by accepting these terms and conditions (i.e. by completing a booking), this constitutes my acceptance of this agreement.
- Any dispute between our company and a client or third party that is not resolved by an agreement acceptable to both parties shall be referred to an intermediary. If this is not successful then the matter shall be dealt with through the Bolivian legal system.
- All information, including contact details, supplied to us by the client during the booking process will remain confidential and will not be shared with any companies or organizations. The only exception to this will be in cases where we arrange third party services e.g. a vehicle(s) from third party transport companies to assist in the delivery of booked services.
- We reserve the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
- It is your responsibility to be familiar with these terms and conditions.
- Photographs and videos: any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our trips may be used by the company without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future) for bona fide promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, videos and the internet.